Wednesday, November 21, 2012

edc

People talk about their EDC - every day carry. The stuff you always have on you. It's a huge topic of conversation among certain people, and there are whole blogs devoted to EDC. Anyway, here's mine:
  • A Coach wallet, a gift many years ago. Contains what you would expect.
  • Knife. This one is a Spyderco Ladybug (now called the ManBug, which is goofy). My daughter calls this my "noisy cricket".
  • Flashlight. This one is a Fenix E05. Friends rib me for carrying a flashlight all the time, but I use it often - probably more often than the blade.
  • Fisher Space Pen.
  • A few index cards.
  • Wristwatch is a Timex Expedition. It's at least 15 years old. They don't make this exact one any more, but this one is basically the same. It's one of the few purely analog watches with an alarm. The leather band that came with it wore out many years ago (I wear it in water a lot), and I replaced it with the excellent Maratac Zulu. What I like about that band, besides being really durable and one piece, is that it has no prickly parts on the inside of the band, so nothing pokes me when I'm resting my wrist on something.
I didn't include my cellphone, partly because I just didn't think about it, but also because if all of my family members are accounted for I often don't carry it.

No comments:

Post a Comment